- 1 lb unpeeled medium shrimp
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh tortellini, with cheese filling uncooked
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Peel/de-vein shrimp and set aside. Cook the tortellini by following the package directions; drain and set aside. In a big skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add in the shrimp, shallot, and basil. Saute/stir for about 5 minutes. Add tortellini and parmesan cheese; toss; season with salt and pepper if desired, then serve.